Jan 25, 2021
Welcome to the Keto Kamp Podcast Episode 229 with Dr.
Today, I am blessed to have with me here for a second time, Dr.
David Jockers. He is a natural health doctor, functional
nutritionist, corrective care chiropractor, exercise physiologist,
and certified strength & conditioning specialist. He currently
owns and operates Exodus Health Center in Kennesaw, Georgia.
He is also the author of the best-selling book “SuperCharge Your
Brain” the complete guide to radically improve your mood, memory
and mindset and the SuperCharged Recipe book with over 180
full-color recipes to help you take back control of your health. He
has developed six revolutionary online programs with thousands of
These programs include E-guides, recipe guides, meal plans and
video instructions including “The Sugar Detox,” “The Cancer
Cleanse,” “Navigating the Ketogenic Diet,” and “The Digestive
Health Restoration Program,” and “The AutoImmune Elimination
Program” and the “Super Brain Program.”
Dr. Jockers is a sought after speaker around the country on such
topics as weight loss, brain health, functional exercise, natural
detoxification, and disease prevention. Dr. Jockers sees patients
at his clinic, Exodus Health Center, to help customize specific
lifestyle plans to help individuals improve performance and beat
In this episode, Dr. Jockers opens the show by describing the
inspiration behind his latest book, The Fasting Transformation.
Next, Dr. Jockers reveals his favorite fasting facts. For instance,
fasting is part of many religions and has been around since humans
have existed. Dr. Jockers dives deep into fasting and explains how
fasting will help you lose weight, the benefits of autophagy, and
why you may want to switch from cow dairy to sheep or goat dairy.
Plus, we speak about the importance of fasting for our digestive
/ E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil):
Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee: http//:www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at
checkout for 10% off
Text me the words KKP +1 (786) 364-5002
90 Detox Program with Ben Azadi, Dr Daniel Pompa, Dr Mindy Pelz:
[01:00] About The Fasting Transformation
- Jockers wanted to write a book about the transformational power
- Sadly, our society is metabolically damaged, causing us to be
sick, exhausted, and overweight.
- Luckily, fasting is the most ancient, inexpensive, and most
powerful healing strategy known to humankind.
- There are key strategies you need to know when it comes to
- People need to be aware of everything when it comes to fasting
in order to have success.
- Every person on the planet should be fasting (unless you’re
pregnant, a young child, or an elite athlete).
- Fasting once a week will reduce metabolic disease
[02:25] Favorite Fasting Facts
- Fasting is part of many religions. Spiritual people will
practice fasting when they have challenges or when they have
significant decisions that they need to make.
- Also, fasting is some of the best medicine.
- Throughout history, people have done fasting to hear from God,
have greater levels of creativity, and achieve a higher level
- Fasting isn’t a fad; it has been around since humans have
[04:35] Will Fasting Help You Lose Weight?
- When you fast, your insulin goes down.
- When insulin is high, it tells all the other hormones to stop
burning fat. That way, your body can focus on burning sugar. Plus,
your body will increase inflammation.
- Throughout history, systemic infections have killed more people
than anything else. So, the body created an inflammatory process to
protect us against systemic infections.
- Overall, the body creates inflammation in case your body needs
to protect itself. To burn fat, we need periods of time where
insulin is really low. The best way to do that is not to eat at
- If we want more advanced weight loss, we may take a few days to
keep insulin down by doing a five-day fast.
[12:00] What Is Causing Your Insulin To
- Unfortunately, stress could be a massive contributor to insulin
- Poor sleep will also contribute to cortisol. Which will
increase insulin levels. Cortisol inhibits insulin production to
prevent glucose from being stored.
- Plus, if you drink too much caffeine, that could be an
- Eating a lot of carbs can be a factor in your insulin
- However, every time you eat anything, there will be a small
[19:10] Switching From Cow Dairy To Sheep Or Goat Dairy
- If you react to casein in dairy, then you may need to switch to
sheep or goat dairy.
- Many people can tolerate sheep or goat dairy.
- If you think you have a sensitivity to cow dairy, then try and
switch out your products.
- Test it out for a month and see if you feel any better.
- Everyone should take dairy out of their diet for one month of
the year. That way, you can see if you notice a difference.
[20:15] How Autophagy Works
- Your brain and body will do well on intermittent fasting
because of ketone production and autophagy.
- The body needs energy. If we don’t get enough energy from our
diet, then our body will get the energy from within our cells.
- Our body knows the difference between an old cell and a new
- During autophagy, the body will break down old cells and
creates stronger cells through recycled materials.
- If you don’t take the trash out of your house, what would
happen? You would get sick, and it would be awful! Well, we need to
take out the trash in our bodies.
[23:25] The Building Stage vs. The Cleansing
- Insulin will trigger building. We need a building stage because
we need hormones and new cells. Also, we might want to build muscle
– we need insulin for this.
- When insulin is low, we are cleansing. During this stage, our
cells will get rid of toxins.
- Kids will need to be in the building stage more than the
cleansing stage. Pregnant women need to be in the building stage
- Most adults don’t need to constantly fuel their system.
Instead, they need more time with low insulin than high
[30:00] How Fasting Will Reset Your Digestive System
- Fasting will take the stress off your gut. When you have gut
problems, it’s like having a broken ankle. If you go out and walk
every day on your broken ankle, it will never heal.
- For the gut, you can fast for a period of time each day to
reset your digestive system and heal your gut lining.
- Fasting will reduce inflammation in your digestive system.
[37:40] When Does Autophagy Start?
- We don’t fully know. However, it will depend on your metabolic
- Other factors include sleep and stress.
- Someone who is metabolic healthy can reach autophagy at sixteen
to eighteen hours.
- If you have high fasting insulin, you may need to fast for
[43:55] Extended Fasting Strategies
- When you do an extended fast, you’ll get higher levels of
autophagy. Plus, you’ll get a higher level of stem cells.
- If you are battling chronic disease, it can be a powerful
- Doing a three-day fast once a year will help prevent chronic
- If you are underweight, doing a fast every three to four months
may be a better strategy.
[50:30] Fasting When Insulin
- You need to lower insulin. When you lower insulin, you will
have lower inflammation.
- Fasting will help regenerate your insulin receptors. That way,
your body will reset how much insulin it produces.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode: