Oct 28, 2019
Today, I am blessed to have here with me, Jay Campbell, a
best-selling author, podcast host, and champion male physique
Jay is also the Founder of TOTRevolution.com and the globally
recognized TOT Revolution and Optimized Life Podcasts. Both
podcasts interview the top Optimization physicians and Subject
Matter Experts who answer questions and provide their decades of
experience to help Men and Women become fully optimized. Jay also
created OptimizedForever, the world's #1 premium group for
optimizing hormones and long term health.
Jay is a champion male physique competitor who, along with his
wife Monica co-founded FabFitOver40.com, the #1 site on the web for
people who want high quality and scientifically backed information
on staying fit above 40. Jay is also the Co-Owner of
MonicaDiazTeam.com (with wife Monica)-a mega-production eXp Realty
residential real estate team in Southern California.
In this episode, Jay and I talk about what inspired him to enter
the health and wellness space – Jay has always had a keen ability
to understand the human body and the different physical talents
people possess. First, Jay describes what consciousness means and
speaks about his life-changing trip to Peru. Plus, Jay explains how
to eliminate fear from our lives by understanding the law of
attraction. He also describes the correlation between sleep,
muscles, and longevity. Tune in!
Join The Keto Kamp Academy today! http://www.ketokampacademy.com
[08:50] How Jay Got Involved in the Health
- Jay recently came back from Peru – the energy completely
transformed his being.
- Jay is blessed to observe the human figure and has always been
able to see people’s athletic abilities. Even as a young child, Jay
could see how high a person could jump or how fast they could
- Jay never got into the fitness game full-time until the last
seven or eight years. He is continually learning and studying
everything about health. At 40, he took his knowledge and continues
to push it into mainstream media.
- When you become a creator, you end up creating so much that you
don’t even observe all the things you have put out.
- “I’ve been blogging since 2003.”
[14:00] About Consciousness
- It’s an awareness that we are energetic beings. If you could
pull back our meat suits and look into our souls – you would see
plasmatic electric energy. This could be in the form of an orb.
Consciousness is understanding how much more we are than our
- Truthfully, life is happening fast, so consciousness is
difficult to explain. Consciousness and awareness are
- People who are resistant to the idea of consciousness can still
[17:00] About Jay’s Trip to Peru
- Jay has always been a man that is interested in the realms of
understanding mankind’s true ancestry.
- Jay took massive amounts of videos while in Peru. It is one of
those places that defies all logic and reasoning. You become
exposed to energetic density – it brings you into a different
- He hiked insanely beautiful and majestic peaks. He climbed
18,000 feet to the most spectacular view. Check it out on Jay’s Twitter.
[27:00] Ways to Eliminate Fear From Our
- The best way to eliminate fear is to understand quantum
- Everything is conscious, alive, and has light in it. We are all
beings of energy. The world is a gigantic construct of energy – the
energy is infinite. Once you realize this, you know you will not
die. When our bodies run out of time, our energy will never stop –
it continues, evolves, and expands.
- Why would you do anything negative? When you speak, act, and
think it should always be positive. Media, technology, and the
internet want to create a victim culture. It is so easy to play the
- Part of being human is understanding that we make every
decision in our lives.
- Do your best to put forward positive words, thoughts, and
actions. Everyone knows the law of attraction – what you put out
will come back to you.
[32:30] The Correlation Between Muscle and Longevity
- Muscle is the most significant deterrent against all the
diseases in aging.
- The more muscle you have in the body, the following things will
- Burning calories more efficiently
- Less body fat
- Greater bone mineral density
- Makes you insulin sensitive
- The better you can eat carbs and get away with it
[35:45] Women and Muscles
- Women never eat enough protein. They end up having spine issues
as they get older because they stop producing calcium.
- A woman has to go to the gym and do resistant type training to
strengthen the spine.
- Don’t think that building muscle means you will look like a
[39:15] How Sleep Affects our Muscles
- Jay always tells people that sleep is the number one most
disturbing biological function that people experience.
- We are destroying our ability to sleep by having technology in
- If you aren’t sleeping, then you have no control over your
- Fat loss happens during sleep – it doesn’t happen at the gym.
Sleep is more important than nutrition and exercise.
[44:30] Weight-Loss Tips From Jay
- The average person who goes to an insurance-covered doctor in
America, the likelihood you will be misdiagnosed is over 95%.
- People are prescribed drugs that make it so much worse. Plus,
medications will make our bodies worse and drain us of our
- Metabolic flexibility is where it is at. You have to be able to
choose macro and micro fuel sources based on your energetic demand.
For instance, if you are a long-distance runner, you might want
only ketones for fuel.
- Fasting for women should be 16-18 hours. For men, it should be
at least 20 hours.
[52:15] How to Utilize Fasting
- If you want to be a person that loses massive amounts of fat
mass in the fastest time possible, learn to fast four times a week
and train the other three days.
- Eat keto at night on your fasting days. On your training days,
try and consume a low amount of carbs. If you do this for a month,
you can lose 10% of pure body fat.
[57:20] Jay’s Definition of an Optimized
- An optimized life is a person who has mastery over spiritual,
mental, the heart, and physical aspects of the body.
- What good is a physical meat suit that is shredded if there is
no mindfulness training being completed?
- All of these things are synergistic.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
This podcast is for information purposes only. Statements and
views expressed on this podcast are not medical advice. This
podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility from any
possible adverse effects from the use of information contained
herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this podcast does not
accept responsibility of statements made by guests. This podcast
does not make any representations or warranties about guests
qualifications or credibility. Individuals on this podcast may have
a direct or non-direct interest in products or services referred to
herein. If you think you have a medical problem, consult a licensed