Feb 12, 2021
Today, I am blessed to have here with me Best Selling Author,
Educator, Speaker, and Podcast Host, Dr. Mindy Pelz. Dr. Mindy is
empowering people worldwide to believe in their body's healing
abilities through fasting, diet variation, removing chemicals from
the body, and so much more.
Dr. Mindy is a recognized leader in the alternative health world
and is the founder of Family Life Wellness, her local clinic that
is made to speed up healing and maximize performance. She is also
the founder of the Reset Academy. In this private group, she and
her team help people implement the principles of fasting, keto, and
diet variation into their daily lives.
She is the host of one of the leading science podcasts, The
Resetter Podcast, and the author of three best-selling
books, The Menopause Reset, The Reset
Factor, and The Reset Kitchen.
Her local clinic, run by her highly-trained team, is one of the
largest bio-hacking centers in the bay area. She puts out a weekly
podcast episode, two science-backed YouTube videos a week, three
weekly newsletters, and leads people through heavy metal detoxing
in her Toxin Reset Program.
In this episode, Dr. Mindy focuses on fasting. We dive right
into the most significant pitfalls women could be making in their
fasting routine. First, you should step out of fasting around day
twenty of your cycle. Also, don't forget to make yourself insulin
resistant from day one to day ten of your period. Dr. Mindy also
gives fasting tips for women who are in their post-menopausal phase
of life. Later, Dr. Mindy goes deep into the six different stages
of fasting. Tune in as we chat about the enemies of fasting and how
you can solve all your fasting issues. Lastly, Dr. Mindy answers
questions from the Keto Kampers.
/ / E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
PureForm Omega Plant Based Oils (Best Alternative to Fish Oil):
Use ben4 for $4.00 off.
☕️ Purity Coffee: http//:www.ketokampcoffee.com, use ketokamp at
checkout for 10% off
[02:55] About The Fasting Circle
- Women love the idea of fasting – there are so many miracles
that can happen when you fast.
- However, we need to honor our hormones, specifically our sex
- Men’s testosterone will come every couple of hours. Women get
testosterone once a month. So, we have to fast very
- The Fasting Circle will help women navigate the fasting
- Fasting is powerful; we have to do it thoughtfully.
[06:30] The Dangers Of Fasting Too Much
- The first danger is progesterone. You make the most
progesterone around day twenty of your cycle. If you are in a
low-glycemic state, then it won’t make progesterone very
- Fasts will cause cortisol – it’s fine during the front half of
the cycle. When you need to make progesterone, you don’t want that
- So, step out of fasting around day twenty of your cycle.
- During this time, you should slow life down and relax. You want
to honor that your body is trying to make progesterone.
- Make yourself insulin resistant from day one to day ten of your
period. You want to go keto and make yourself insulin resistant
during this time. Use keto and fasting during this time (totally
opposite of day twenty).
[11:50] Fasting For Post-Menopausal Women
- If you are over forty, you have an organ that is shutting down
- No other time in your life will you have an organ shutting
down. Your ovaries will make hormones. Well, your body still has to
make it so your adrenal glands will take over.
- We are not made to be permanent fat burners. We are made for
metabolic switching. As women get on the other side of menopause,
we have to build our hormones back up.
[16:20] About The 5-1-1 Rule
- 5 days of fasting and keto.
- 1 day of an extended fast (24 hours).
- 1 day a week of no fasting. Instead, you should be
- We are meant for metabolic switching; we are not meant to be
permanent fat burners.
- Women need to go into hormone building times. That’s when we
can lean into foods likes squashes, beans, and quinoa.
- Women should feel free to move in and out of ketosis.
[20:15] The Six Styles Of Fasting
- There are six styles of fasting:
- Intermittent Fast: 13 – 15 hours.
- Autophagy Fast: 17 hours.
- This is when autophagy kicks in. So, the cells start to
understand that it needs to clean up their act. It’s great for
- Gut Reset: 24 hours.
- This is an incredible fast for people with gut dysbiosis.
- Fat Burner Fast: 36 hours.
- You will access toxins and breakdown fat more efficiently at 36
- Dopamine Reset: 48 hours.
- We lose our sensitivity to dopamine over time. We are getting
way too much dopamine. For instance, we can order food, binge watch
TV, and scroll through social media. Eating all day long will make
it so that our dopamine receptor sites are getting blocked. So, we
need to make ourselves more sensitive.
- Immunity Fast: 72 hours.
- This fast will reboot stem cells – especially when it comes to
white blood cells. It has been known as a way to kill cancer
[45:00] Fats That Make It Hard To Fast
- When people start fasting, they come from the standard American
diet. These people are mostly insulin resistant.
- Only 12% of Americans are insulin sensitive.
- The number one thing that makes you insulin resistant is bad
fats. The goal of fasting is to get you out of insulin resistance.
If the cell is junked up with bad fats, then fasting will be
- The enemy of fasting is bad oils!
[52:35] Toxins Are Another Enemy Of Fasting
- Your fat stores will have excess. When you lose weight, toxins
will release into your system.
- We need to go in and out of detox.
- Mindy says that we shouldn’t avoid fasting because of symptoms.
Instead, we should honor our symptoms and learn how to read
- As you’re fasting, make sure you are opening up your detox
pathways. You should be sweating and massaging different parts of
- The more toxins you have, the harder it may be to get fat
adapted and get ketones.
[59:20] Helping Your Hair Grow Back
- The solution to your fasting challenges will be variation.
- Most of us are already operating from a place of mineral
deficiency. Our soil is not giving us enough minerals as it did
thirty years ago.
- If you haven’t already, check out Kiss The Ground: https://kisstheground.com.
- Most likely, you are mineral deficient, so add minerals back
into your diet.
[62:55] Leslie McMillan: How Long Is Too Long To Stay In
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- We can get obsessed with our ketones and blood sugar.
- If you don’t have a cancer diagnosis, then you should stay in
high ketosis for 80% of the time and 20% of your time being a sugar
[66:30] Katie: How To Fix Gut Health?
- You have to mix up fasts for your body – it could be the reason
that you’re not losing weight.
- Lean into progesterone foods like squash and potatoes.
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources from this episode:
// F O L L O W
▸ instagram | @thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2B1NXKW
▸ facebook | /thebenazadi | http://bit.ly/2BVvvW6
▸ twitter | @thebenazadi http://bit.ly/2USE0so
▸clubhouse | @thebenazadi
Disclaimer: This podcast is for information purposes only.
Statements and views expressed on this podcast are not medical
advice. This podcast including Ben Azadi disclaim responsibility
from any possible adverse effects from the use of information
contained herein. Opinions of guests are their own, and this
podcast does not accept responsibility of statements made by
guests. This podcast does not make any representations or
warranties about guests qualifications or credibility. Individuals
on this podcast may have a direct or non-direct interest in
products or services referred to herein. If you think you have a
medical problem, consult a licensed physician.